Laser Hair Removal is a cosmetic medical procedure wherein doctors use a concentrated light beam to remove unwanted. This light-beam technology is effective in removing hair because the laser light passes through the skin and into the hair follicle. The intense heat from the laser damages the hair follicle, thereby helping to reduce the quantity and quality of the hair when it starts to grow again. Over time, the hair becomes lighter and finer until it is no longer noticeable and disappears. If you are considering laser hair removal, you may be wondering what to expect. You have questions, we have answers. Here’s what you can expect from laser hair removal.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications. It is best to ask your doctors which medications to avoid before you go in for a procedure.
- Laser Hair Removal requires regular maintenance. If you wish to remove hair on areas like lips and underarms, you need to be back for another session in 4 to 6 weeks. It depends on how long or how quick hair growth is.
- You will wear special goggles for each treatment to protect your eyes from the laser beam.
- A doctor might apply topical anesthetic on your skin to lessen discomfort during the procedure.
- You might feel warm pinprick as the doctor activates the laser and press it onto your skin. You might also feel a slight discomfort as the cooling gel is applied directly onto your skin after activating the laser.
- If you will be treating a large area like your back and legs, it might take a few hours to finish the procedure. However if the only small area will be treated like the lips, the procedure can be done in minutes.
- After the procedure, you might notice redness and swelling in the treated area. You may put ice or cold compress to lessen the redness. Some doctors might apply steroid creams in the affected area due to skin irritation.
- Avoid sun exposure between treatment. Make sure to always use a broadspectrum sunscreen to avoid darkening and uneven skin tone on treated areas.
Now you know what to expect on your laser hair removal appointment, make sure that you choose a doctor that’s board-certified in dermatology and cosmetic surgery. You might want to book experts with smooth touch in Medi Spa for your laser hair removal procedure.
Book an Appointment in The Vein Institute & MediSpa in Kingswood, Texas
The Vein Institute & MediSpa is well-known as Houston Vein Center. They are the leaders in vascular medicine serving the Houston area. They are experts in providing top-notch services from laser hair removal to varicose vein treatment. They provide extensive care to their patients that exceeds their expectations.
What are you waiting for? Book an appointment with The Vein Institute & MediSpa for your laser hair removal procedure. Our friendly staff welcomes in serving you and all you have to do is contact us at (281) 312-0208.